The Honors College offers Honors Scholars the opportunity to participate in a co-op or internship program as part of their Honors Experience requirements. A co-op or internship is usually a short-term, entry-level position in which an individual gains practical skills along with personal and professional experience. To qualify for academic credit, the internship should incorporate academic study or theory into the work you are performing (not limited to your major).
- Departmental Course Number – 496.
- Theatre courses designated as practicums count as one experience or 1-credit.
- Any dance studio or theatrical production involving an audition would count as a practicum.
- Ideally a student would use the 496 Internship credit available through their academic department or major. In this case, the student must fulfill the requirements set down by the department.
- The University Honors College offers HON 496 for students unable to utilize a department internship course. HON 496 is a pass/fail course and does not receive a letter grade.
- Students must complete a Contract for Co-Op/Internship (PDF).
- A final assessment, including a letter grade, from your site manager is required.
- You must complete the journal and reflection paper requirements (as per the Contract for Co-Op/Internship (PDF))
- Students will receive 1 credit hour for every 45 hours worked.
- Up to a maximum of 6 credit hours may be earned per internship.
Last updated: October 23, 2017 3:38 pm EST